Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Rogers and Samsung and Jelly Bean 4.3 – Incompetence underscored … perhaps taken to the level of fine art … *** UPDATED ***

If you have not yet allowed your Samsung S3 to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.3, DON’T!!!!!  My absolutely brilliant phone under Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is now a broken piece of ****.

UPDATE: I finally found a solution. I bought Helium (which used to be called Carbon) backup and backed up everything from my phone. I then did a hard reset and wiped everything. Once it came back Google restored the apps automatically and then I had Helium restore the settings. Sure enough, everything works again. But be aware, not everything comes back exactly as before. But it is mostly the same and now I have the features of Jellybean 4.3 …

Samsung have been plagued by complaints from all over the world for almost two months now, and frankly I do not see things getting better.

My main problems were (both are now working):

  • Phone will not ring. (This is kind of big.)
  • Battery dies in hours if I switch WiFi on. (I can live without it, but it is inconvenient.)