Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Song of Ice and Fire

Nerd.

Oh, sorry. I was looking in a mirror. These books from George R. R. Martin are incredible, to say the least. Epic, intriguing, exciting, complex, and of course sexy …. they got it all. And the series Game of Thrones, named after the first book but based on the whole set, is equally amazing. They’ve done a masterful job of adapting the books to the screen.

So far, we have one season per book, but my youngest passed a rumour to me that the third season will encompass only half of the third book, A Storm of Swords. SInce I was thrilled with A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings, I certainly cannot wait for this next installment. Frankly, I found the last two episodes of season 2 so profoundly good that I expect to read the whole series again before season three is ready to air.

But … the actual point of this post was to show this spectacularly funny Facebook vignette from George Takei’s Facebook page. (Sulu from Star Trek if you  were born and raised in a cave.)

I won’t bother explaining the jokes … you’ll just have to read the series yourself Smile