Monday, November 30, 2009

I am a Petrie DIsh


I had two flu shots at about 11:15am ... seasonal shot first in the left arm, H1N1 second in the right arm. Seasonal really burned as it went in ... H1N1 I did not feel at all. My doctor laughed that I would critique him on that.

So they are battling it out for supremacy in my blood stream ...

As of mid-afternoon, there is tenderness and a small lump at each site. No other symptoms ... neither achiness nor soreness.

Cool ...

Update: By morning, sites are both mildly tender (don't feel them normally) and a bit red (they were quite red last night.) Lumps down from big and hard at max to a mild bump ... still a big one in diameter though, at least in inch across on both sides but perhaps only 1/8" raised ... NO others symptoms (no headache, no achiness, no fever, etc.)

Update 2: Day 5. No pain at all in the arms. If I push hard enough, I can feel a mild lump down inside. All in all, not a bad experience at all. Now to wait for the massive immune system reaction starting on day 8 ... I plan to stomp a freight train for starters. Then solve world peace. Don't you wish you got your double shot too?

P.S. ... can anyone guess what is growing in the petrie dish above?

3 comments:

crazy football mom said...

Kim! OMG! Are you allowed to have 'em both at the same time???!!! Hope you are okay...I have heard sore arm 2 days after (H1N1).

Kim Letkeman said...

There are no specific rules on that I believe ... my doctor's nurse had read a recent article on getting them both and it shows no increased risk of unpleasantness ... we'll see I suppose. The H1N1 side hurts more now (12 hours later) than the seasonal side ...

Unknown said...

I had the H1n1 last week and the seasonal like 2 weeks ago, no soreness at all.
Hope you fare as well