Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Brilliant Things about Windows 7

When you plug in a USB headset, active Audio is moved there. And when you unplug it, audio moves back to the speakers. Wow. Vista could never do that ...

It takes far less memory.

The whole MAC-like task bar is awesome. As good as the MAC's in my opinion (I own a mini.)

It sleeps. It really does. And not only that, but when you switch the machine back on, it does not go through the BIOS boot sequence, it jumps straight to the login screen ... instantly. Vista simply died every time I tried to sleep the machine, so I had to boot from scratch every day ... this is such a pleasant change ...

More later ...

2 comments:

Solsang said...

Congratulations, the sound function was one of my many reasons to get a mac, the instant sleep and wake another, as a windows supporter i have been telling people i would not support vista, glad that microsoft are finally listening to users:)

Kim Letkeman said...

They seem to be. I am pretty happy with Windows 7 and moved it to daily use as soon as I had it installed. I never boot the Vista partition any more ...