Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rogers, where is my bandwidth? Ok … found it … sort of …

I pay Rogers a reasonable sum for a very good Internet service … I should be seeing 1mbps uploads and 25mbps downloads. When I first got the service, my speeds were magnificent. But recently, I’ve noticed serious issues with speed in both directions … and latency is very painful. Everything moves in fits and starts.

I finally ran a test at http://speedtest.net and YIKES!

Now that is crappy service …

A few minutes later … a bit better, but not what I pay for … and that awful latency …

So I switch to a server much further away …

Ok … that’s more like it … I really dislike the variances you get based on local conditions and quality of servers. I’m finding that to be a real issue lately …

Hey … anyone out there wanna impress me with wicked bandwidth tests? Smile The comment system supposedly allows you to embed images …

No comments: