Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What is Wrong with Amazon?

My Kindle is a superb reader. Feels far better in the hand than the Kobo I tested at the local Indigo, which is why I own this device instead.

And yet … I am suddenly unable to buy best sellers for series I enjoy – Alex Cross from James Patterson and Harry Bosch from Michael Connely for starters.

There is some sort of “copyright restriction” (HUH?) that prevent a Canadian from purchasing a book (note: not something that requires manufacturing and therefore not something that needs any kind of distribution taxes etc) in digital form … although they happily accepted my money for my GD Kindle.

This p*sses me off. Big time!

So they are forcing me to go back to reading on my iPhone using the Kobo application.

Shame on you Amazon!

No comments: