Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Visit from the Christmas Piranha

Yes, he still stalks my tree. When he’s hiding, you really don’t want to go sticking your hand in there. He thought I couldn’t see him, but once I caught a glimpse, I was able to train the F300EXR on him and I shot these images at 8s, 100 ISO.

I had the camera set to B&W and the result is wicked sharp.

DSCF2311_piranha_bw

But I also wanted to shoot him in color, so since he didn’t seem to notice the original shot being taken, I quickly snuck in e couple more and selected the last shot for here.

DSCF2313_piranha

I prefer the composition of the B&W image … it feels really balanced. But I like the color … go figure.

And remember – when the Christmas Piranha shows up, please watch your fingers around the tree …

No comments: