Monday, December 26, 2011

Daddy’s Christmas Surprise

I’m still suffering an illness that robs me of life force at times, so this Christmas season has been a real gong show around here.

When they got home late on Christmas Eve, I was lying there on the couch watching reruns (Netflix.ca is awesome) of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as I have been doing for a number of days by now. Nick was rather disappointed but since he has not been well either this holiday season, we agreed that no one was going to be bothering with a tree.

So it was with great delight that I came downstairs this morning at 11:30am (finally got some sleep around 4am) and saw this …

Fuji X10  f/2  1/80s  ISO 400  -1EV

I got a couple of pretty nice kids if you ask me …

And if anyone wonders what that piece of paper is that hangs from the mantle beside the tree, that’s Jonathan’s “paper tree”, which stood in for the real thing for several days …

Merry Christmas to all …. even though it is officially Boxing Day here in Ontario as I write this. If you are wondering where the name came from, it probably has to do with a skill needed to make hay during all the crazy sales …