Sunday, January 27, 2013

Truth in Advertising – Dr. Oz Miracle Breakthrough

So Dr. Oz has a TV show where he dispenses health oriented advice in a game show environment. I have watched the odd show and find that I cannot really enjoy the mix of axiomatic platitudes with wing-nut medical breakthroughs. It doesn’t work for me :-)

Somehow I have managed to get on a list of “diet breakthrough” emails, which has lately been absolutely pounding on the miracle of Raspberry Ketones. And I get a lot of spam for this …

But the latest email, which was sent to me twice in the last 2 days, contains some inadvertent truth … see if you can spot it:

Dear kim,

Are you ready to finally GET-RID-OF that extra winter weight quickly and easily?

Allow Doctor Oz show you in this short video...

This is a Crazy new Scientific breakthrough - it is SUPER easy

Featured on  FoxNews, USA Today, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, ABC


Dr Oz will explain it :
http://pop.weekget.com/pass.asp?expires=5826119572c5+812622405stop-your-urges/security-check=21875201

The emphasis is mine, of course. But it struck me immediately that this was some kind of Freudian slip of the fingers, and I have not watched the video as I do not want to encourage them.

:-)