Thursday, January 14, 2010

Government ... Of The People, By The people, Screw The people

I'm feeling less than enamored with my provincial government as we wend our way through the process of recovering from that asshole that hit Nick's car last Saturday. I hope that fellow has his own trials and tribulations one day .... big ones ...

So Nick has a bruised spine and some bruised ribs. Try to imagine how that feels day to day. And *by law*, he can get no compensation whatsoever for the first 7 days of lost wages. And *by law* he must use up all of my physiotherapy coverage before our auto insurance rider will take over. Since he has a bum knee, we can pretty much forget about treating that this year.

Ok ... so this simply sucks .... *by law* ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Letkeman said...

My apologies to Josefina for deleting the content of the comment posted today. I simply cannot allow content to be posted as a part of my blog that I cannot read.

crazy football mom said...

Wow. I thought we had it bad here, but at least Autopac will pay for our physiotherapy (and not have to use up our tiny work ceiling portion). And what is with not getting paid for the first 7 days? That's just wrong! Since you don't have a monolithic government imposed monopoly for an insurance administrator (like MPI :-) can you not switch insurance companies? get something more comprehensive? I know it won't help for this time, but if anything happens again. Sorry and hope Nick gets better soon. Ouch.

Kim Letkeman said...

Well ... that's the problem. This is all Ontario law. The whole rip off is common to all companies. I've been told that we should have lied about having coverage for physio ... which tells me that there are people who do. That's what happens when a government passes an unfair law ... people make it fair by putting themselves at risk. I just suck it up and pay. Which pisses me off.