Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life is Hard

I had the arduous task today (Sunday) of attending a workshop given by Crombie McNeil, a professional photographer of note from the Ottawa area. There were to be 12 models from the Barret Palmer agency, although only 10 were there.

This task was made all the more difficult because the models were to change clothes several times and we would be forced to gaze upon them for almost 6 hours in various poses and in water. It is a difficult job, but someone must do it.

I was shocked to discover that I had captured 1075 images when I dumped the card from my D300 to disk ... a process which took 40 minutes on its own (and I copied directly from cam, a much faster process than using my horrid generic card reader.)

So ... I will be sorting and culling images from these models for days. I will blog the event, and perhaps each model individually, I've not decided. The rented 70-200VR remained attached to the D300 the entire time and I must say that it has completely stunned me. The look of the images I got *cannot* be duplicated by consumer glass. It just cannot ...

So ... for now, I will show you how hard life is for those who can afford to play every weekend at the marina :-)

Start with a few toys out on the water ...


Next with many toys just sitting at dock waiting for someone to come and play ...


So what do boats at dock talk about all day ... do they make sea men jokes? Ba da bing!

And finally ... a man (or woman of course) who can afford toys by land and sea ... I am impressed, that's for sure ...


Life is hard ...

No comments: