Saturday, June 13, 2009

Monopoly synonymous with Incompetence?

This was going to be a review of the new movie Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, starring John Travolta and Denzel Washington. I had nothing going on this evening (yes, pathetic, bite me) so I dropped over to the local Barrhaven Cinema, a Famous Players theater. I was running late, but I knew I had plenty of time before the actual movie started.

As soon as I walked in, I noticed that every machine that dispenses tickets had a sign on it indicating "Debit, Credit and Scene Temporarily Unavailable" ... which of course means that they've lost their network connection entirely.

This is not the first time I've been inconvenienced at this theater. Multiple times I've waited in line for drinks etc (I bring my kids most of the time) while they served people at a glacial pace with a single line (they have the capacity to run at least 6 lines.) Three visits ago, I had to leave again because there was a sign that "Star Trek is badly scratched" and of course they apologize for the inconvenience each time, but the point is that people make plans (not me tonight, but what if I'd taken a date?) and do not need such an unnecessary interruption in their plans.

Since I don't carry a lot of cash, I simply left, annoyed beyond words.

This is the only theater in a village of about 45,000 and it shows. Either it was bought by someone who really has no clue about running a business, or ir is run shoddy because they get away with it. Monopoly ... incompetence ... do the math.

No comments: