Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary ...

An old English nursery rhyme introduces today's garden update.
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.
The thing is, I remember this one from my childhood for very different reasons. A friend of mine once told me an alternate version that has stuck in my brain for over forty years now, and here it finally sees the light of day ...
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And one great big fucking onion.
I will always cherish that memory :-)

Today, I happened to capture a few snaps of the daisies and the false spirea again. This time, I shot with the D300 and 300mm f4 AFS lens, a wonderful combination with quite a different look from that of the D70s and the Tamron 180. Not better ... just different.



No comments: