Friday, July 10, 2009

Is Stupidity Terminal? Ticketmaster Redeemed Themselves ... sort of ...

I went to print off my tickets for the Wintersleep concert at the New Capital City Music Hall for Bluesfest at 10pm tonight.

Then I read them ...


Make that yesterday's concert ... that's $60 I'll never see again ...

So is stupidity terminal? I think I need a vaccination or something ... this isn't funny ...

Update: I found out that the concert was actually Friday night at 10pm, exactly as I thought ... but my tickets were WRONG! Fucking WRONG!

So Ticketmaster managed to completely screw me, and my son out of the best concert we were going to see this year. Thanks a lot.

I have faxed my tickets to Ticketmaster and they will now be deciding if there is any reason I should get a refund ... morons ... they should be giving Jon and I a refund and FREE tickets to Bluesfest for this year.

Yeah ... I'm bitter ...

Update 2: I am less bitter now, but still very unhappy. Again, not for myself but for my son ... this is one of his favorite bands.

But Ticketmaster admitted that those of us who bought early got a bad PDF file and that the company who sent it tried to contact all those early buyers. Obviously, they did not try hard enough. And how hard was it to email the new PDF to *all* purchasers??? Man, I hate incompetence.

So they are processing a refund ... which only gets us back to square one ... it does not compensate for missing a great band. Of course, customer service is obviously not one of their strengths ... they are simply a gateway and they take their cut. It's a little depressing once you get it ...

No comments: