Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crombie McNeill Workshop with Barrett Palmer Models Mk II


Today, I am off to another of Crombie McNeill's workshops with models supplied by Barrett Palmer Models. This one will take place in the town of Cumberland at the Heritage Village Museum. Here is the City of Ottawa description:

Costumed interpreters recreate what rural life was like in the 1920s and 1930s.

Cumberland Heritage Village Museum consists of 28 buildings on 25 hectares in the village of Cumberland. On site you will find seven houses and six buildings depicting residential and agricultural architecture and public buildings such as a one-room schoolhouse, fire hall, church and community hall. You can also visit a Canadian National railway station and caboose, a working sawmill and an Imperial garage.

The weather looks awful ... another cloudy day with storms predicted, so I imagine we'll shoot indoors a lot. I've decided to bring a light stand, umbrella and two flashes to help out just in case. But I have not practiced with these on location and so I don't want to slow myself down too much ... we'll see I suppose.

No comments: