Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Major Garden Update and Some Cute Birds

So the pool is looking pretty blue again, but rather cloudy. This evening, while warming the barbecue, I backwashed the filter again and added some fresh water. Hoping that helps overnight.

Meanwhile, I cooked a couple of nice steaks for the young lad and I, and while those were searing, I grabbed the big dog, for the first time in a while. That being the D300 with 300mm F4 AFS and TC17e teleconverter. That's approximately 750mm of very sharp magnification if you were wondering. I love the way this combination throws the background quickly into smooth blur.

Of course, I shot the daisies (duh) and the pool (sort of) ...




This one os shot above the pool and that's the ladder in the background at the other end ... great magnification ...




One fresh one just came in ...


It was getting pretty dark, but there were bees buzzing about the False Spirea, so I thought I'd take a crack at those. But with no flash, it was impossible to stop the action. Still ... this one has an artistic flare to it, and I caught the little fella in flight ...


I am such a lazy gardener ... this is a full grown MilkWeed ... shame on me ...


Then back to the path between my house and my neighbor's, where I keep a bunch of Day Lily plants.





And my neighbor is keeping several bird families as pets in his upstairs bathroom vent :-)


No comments: